European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
The European Data Protection Board (EDPB) replaces the Article 29 Data Protection Working Party. The European Data Protection Board has been established according to Art. 68-76 GDPR. The Board is composed of the head of one supervisory authority of each member state.
The European Data Protection Board has a number of responsibilities:
- monitor and ensure the correct application of the GDPR;
- advise the European Commission in matters of data protection;
- issue guidelines, recommendations, and best practices according to the rules of the GDPR (erasure, profiling, data breaches, creation of binding corporate rules, fining);
- accreditation of certification bodies, maintain a public register of accredited bodies
- promotion of cooperation between the supervisory authorities
The Board publishes a report every year.